Thursday, September 1, 2011

Dry erase letter printing


I confess that I really haven't been spending much time having my preschooler practice printing.  This is probably why she still has issues holding her pencil correctly.  I had purchased a couple of Crayola Dry Erase boards a couple years back in preparation for a road trip and they have been away in the closet for quite some time now.  The other day I remembered I had this and pulled it out for my 4 year-old daughter Maisy to practice her printing.  She had so much fun - it really was a confidence booster for her. 

The set came with several cards that are inserted into a slot beneath the writing surface - letters, numbers, games, etc.  Plus you can insert any printed page you have and it instantly becomes reusable.  After she was done with her letters (she did several sheets of them), she moved on to numbers - she especially loved the practice writing the number words. 



What kind of things do you do to make practicing printing fun for your child?

4 comments:

  1. thats really cool! We buy lots of workbooks at the dollar store. My kids love them. We also do lots of drawing and writing our names. I like this idea a lot. I will be on the lookout for one of those. We have a dry erase workbook that is similar and the kids have liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, we have TONS of fun practicing our letters! writing on shaving cream, in a bin of rice, put some paint in a ziploc bag & you have a fun way to write & it's fun to erase too - just smear it!!! We also use one of those magnetic boards you can draw on. If I think of more I will post again but these came to mind right away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter LOVES using the dry erase board for school work. She used it for her spelling words quite a bit, and sometime when we do oral questions she answers them on there.
    Here main love is drawing (and she has a HUGE imagination), so I'm getting ready to have her draw a picture and write a little story to go with it to practice her cursive handwriting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all these ideas and can't wait to try some of them out! We do practice spelling words for my older daughter on the chalkboard occasionally, I really like the ziploc bag and paint idea, Bern.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...