Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Our thankful cornucopia


On Monday night, we played a fun little game together as a family.  To prepare I had gone and found several pieces of healthy food clipart and printed it off.  I also drew a cornucopia onto a piece of brown cardstock and attached it to another piece of white cardstock to make for a larger area too attach our pictures to.  I taped the cornucopia up on the wall.  Before we began our game, we talked about what the cornucopia symbloizes and why it is a symbol used for our Thanksgiving holiday.



We let the girls fish for the food pictures so we could fill up our cornucopia - each piece of food had a paperclip attached to it and the fishing pole of course had a magnet on the end of the string. 


The girls took turns fishing for a piece of the food.  When they got one, they had to tell me one thing they were thankful for and I wrote it down on the picture of food (Lou, of course, was able to write down on her own what she was thankful for).  Then we put a little glue on the picture and they attached it to the cornucopia. 


 It was a fun way to share with each other the things that we are thankful for.

5 comments:

  1. What a fun way to talk about being thankful! Great idea! It looks like a lot of fun, and the picture is a fantastic keepsake :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it! Great activity. I am your newest follower =-)
    Beth (TGIF)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome idea! I love the game and activity. We need to do this. When my kids pray they never can come up with ideas of what they are thankful for. I feel like I have raised some selfish little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great idea! What fun!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...