Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pilgrim finger puppets


My two older girls and I each made a set of these pilgrim finger puppets last year.  They were fun to make and equally fun to play with afterward. 

All you need is :

  • 2 toilet paper tubes or 1 longer tube cut in half
  • black, brown, white and yellow construction paper
  • a felt-tipped pen for drawing the face
  • white, peach, and pink crayons
  • a gluestick
I found this template to help with the the hats, collars and woman's hair.  Then I followed the instructions I found here

My girls did their own cutting, drawing and gluing and had a blast making these. 


5 comments:

  1. These are darling! My kids would love this. We are always on the lookout for more toilet roll ideas. Now that my daughter is potty-trained, we're going through a lot more rolls :-) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, so funny about going through more toilet paper. I can definitely relate to that. We go through quite a bit ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this idea! Please link it up to my Thanksgiving link up! http://www.jdaniel4smom.com/2011/11/thanksgiving-traditions-link-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these little puppets, Brooke! I'm featuring them this evening in my latest Five Fun Ideas post.

    http://www.cometogetherkids.com/2011/11/five-fun-ideas-for-turkey-and-pilgrim.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cuteness! Stopping by from the Thanksgiving Traditions link-up, and now following via GFC! I love this idea!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...