Thursday, December 8, 2011

Toy Block Keepsake Tree

Today I want to share this little block tree- a tradition on my husband's side of the family. This is given to each member of the family as a wedding gift.  It's a fun way to display little trinkets from places we visit, not to mention an excuse to buy some of those cute little things we find occassionally that have our names on them. 


The tree is made out of traditional ABC blocks, stuck together with hot glue, and placed on a small lazy-susan so it can easily be turned and admired.  We have also added a string of super tiny faux lights.



Do you have a fun way you display little trinkets you pick up when you travel? 

Making Magical Christmas Memories





10 comments:

  1. brooke, this is fab & waht a quirky way to display all those little ornaments you collect but don't know where to put!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just brilliant!!!! Thank you for linking this up to the C&C Homemade Christmas Linky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous! What a lovely family tradition! Thank you very much for linking up with my Making Magical Christmas Memories linky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This idea is incredible!! I want to start setting aside some of my daughter's treasures so I can make give her something like this when she is older as a keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! This is something I had never thought of..very innovative..I will also do the little block tree for my little one and will keep-safe the keepsake :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so amazing! You give me a good idea, it can be a good centerpiece at home. I'll tell my brother about it, so he can turn his toy into a tree like yours.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...